Combating dry hair and environmental toxins
It is no secret that dry hair is to be avoided and daily blow drying leads to lost moisture in the hair cuticle, breakage and annoying tangles. The same is true for the normal wear and tear your hair encounters each day from the sun and environmental toxins such as poor air quality and airborne chemicals. Taking precautions to prevent hair damage can be as simple as a few extra minutes in the morning. Protecting the proteins in your hair is key to maintaining a soft and full bodied mane.
There are three home remedies we recommend below and a new certified organic chemical-free product, QUINOAPLEX R₃ that we suggest applying daily until the life and body is restored to your hair. Quinoa is an ancient protein based grain that when applied before the coloring process, or just as a quick spray on treatment in the morning, will repair damaged hair, protect it from harsh environmental conditions, and will act to replace the lost protein in the cuticle. By using the home remedies below, or the QUINOAPLEX R₃ solution, you will be on the way to restoring the lost shine and body to your hair.
Hot oil massage for dry hair
- Any oil (Coconut, Almond, and Olive oil are all good for hair)
- Depending upon the length of your hair, pour out required amount of oil into a bowl
- Heat this oil a little. You just need warm oil and not piping hot oil
- Now take a little warm oil on your palm and rub it with the other palm
- Apply this oil to your scalp
- Take some more and apply to other areas of your scalp
- Now gently massage with your fingertips working the warm oil deep into your hair root
- Don’t be too harsh while massaging, this may break more hair than do good
- When you gently massage your hair and scalp with warm oil, you are providing nourishment and proper blood circulation to this area of your body
- After massaging for about 15 minutes, let the oil sit for at least two hours. You may even leave the oil overnight for even better results
- Wash your hair with a mild shampoo and then condition
Initially repeat hot oil massage for your dry hair two — three times a week and then weekly
Vinegar for dry hair
- White vinegar OR Apple Cider Vinegar — 1 cup
- Water: 3 — 4 cups
- Mix the vinegar and water to get your hair rinse solution
- After washing your hair with shampoo (and conditioner too, if you use it), apply the vinegar rinse
- Massage gently into the hair and your scalp. Let your hair ends get liberal amounts of the vinegar rinse too
- Let the vinegar rinse sit there for a few minutes
- Now rinse with water and dry your hair gently with a towel
Precaution: While vinegar is good for dry hair, too much use of vinegar on the hair may actually make your hair drier than before. Initially when your hair is too dry, you may use vinegar rinse about 1 — 2 times a week but after a couple of weeks, reduce the frequency. It is better to use vinegar rinse for your dry hair only once in 1 — 2 weeks. Also when using vinegar rinse, take care to protect your eyes. It can lead to discomfort, burning or irritation if vinegar enters your eyes.
Avocado for dry hair
- Avocado (ripe and peeled) — 1
- Egg white — from 1 egg
- Oil (olive / coconut / jojoba / castor / any other) — 1 tbsp
- Yogurt (optional) — 1 tbsp
- Mash the ripe avocado to a paste
- Add egg white, oil and yogurt if you are using it
- Mix them well to a smooth paste
- Apply this mixture to your hair covering it well
- Leave for 30 minutes
- Rinse well with water. You may even use lukewarm (not hot) water to wash off the mixture
To make it really simple, you may just mash avocado with a whole egg and apply this to your hair!
QUINOAPLEX R₃ for overprocessed, dry, damaged hair
One product, one bottle, one easy step to leave hair healthier, restored, and full of shine.
Hair is 85% protein. Hair loses its protein through coloring, bleaching, sun, sea, and washing. This damage results in hair breakage and thinning hair.
- Quinoa protein is the same as hair protein. Use Quinoa between shampoo and conditioner to put it back. Hair is stronger with more body and volume
- Use before coloring or bleaching. More so if hair is damaged or thinning. Hair takes and holds color better. There is less damage from the color or bleach
- Quinoa protein has small molecules. They are small enough to go in to the hair shaft. This slows hair thinning for men and women. Hair looks thicker and fuller
Quinoa is a new active ingredient called the “mother of all grains” due to its high protein content.
- Shown to reduce damage by up to 32%
- Gives 51% shinier, smoother, stronger, more manageable hair
- Visibly glossier, more vibrant hair, guaranteed!
QUINOAPLEX R₃ uses it to rebuild damaged and thinning hair. See the effects straight away!